We will get there by ensuring that:
- All Calgary communities are strong, supportive and inclusive
- Everyone in Calgary has the income and assets needed to thrive
- Everyone in Calgary can easily access the right supports, services and resources
- All Aboriginal people are equal participants in Calgary’s prosperous future
How will we know we’ve achieved our goals, by arriving at the following priority outcomes:
- By 2023, 95% of all people living in Calgary are at or above Statistics Canada’s Low-Income Cut-off (LICO) rates
- By 2023, 90% of all people living in Calgary are at or above 125% of Statistics Canada’s Low-Income Cut-off (LICO) rates
- By 2018, Calgarians consider reducing poverty to be a high priority.
LICO (Statistics Canada’s Low-Income Cut-off) is the income threshold below which a family devotes a larger share of its income on the necessities of food, shelter and clothing than the average family. It is commonly referred to as the poverty line.