Reports to: Communications and Marketing Specialist
Position: Casual – Remote and located in Calgary
Hours of work: 10 hours per week
Vibrant Communities Calgary’s Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for:
- Social media coordination, monitoring, content creation, and posting (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn)
- Developing digital plans and recommending appropriate budget expenditures to amplify messaging, programs and projects that will support VCC’s strategic objectives
- Coordinating and supervising up to five (5) members of the Youth Digital Media Cohort
- Having a strong knowledge base and keeping up to date in topics related to the Enough for All (E4A) strategy and poverty in the City of Calgary
- Creating and curating dynamic digital content for a broad array of social media platforms to increase VCC’s online network and build awareness and support for the E4A strategy
- Making recommendations for when paid amplification of social media posts is appropriate
- Collaborating with Communications and Marketing Specialist and/or subject matter experts to ensure information presented digitally is accurate and consistent, and that it meets the values, objectives and strategic priorities
- Creating, or coordinating the creation of and scheduling, a range of visual content to support communications and policy initiatives, including: graphics (social media cards, infographics, etc.); photos and photo editing; videos (storyboarding, scripting, production and editing); developing and maintaining templates and processes to capture corporate knowledge, document external communications protocols and streamline the delivery of services; and when needed, providing back up support for creation and distribution of weekly newsletter.
Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant area of study (communications, journalism, marketing, community development etc.), supplemented with recent course work in digital marketing
- Leadership experience
- 2+ years (minimum) of digital communications experience with experience in social media.
- Direct experience in graphic, video, animation and GIF creation would be an asset.
- Photography training and experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrated interest in poverty reduction an asset.
The Ideal candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong communications skills
- Outstanding writing skills, with experience and comfort writing for external and social media audiences
- Strong attention to detail particularly when editing
- Project management skills and ability to handle multiple competing deadlines
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, Prismic or similar web platforms, Hootsuite, Prezi, Canva, Google Analytics, Kapwing and social media platforms. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) would be considered assets
Closing Date: Thursday, July 15, 2021, or until a suitable candidate is found.
To apply, forward a resume with a cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Stephanie Rosch, Communications and Marketing Specialist
Subject Line: Digital Media Coordinator