This episode of Let's Talk Poverty discusses continuing along the path of Reconciliation, insights from over a decade of serving as Calgary’s mayor, and why it makes a difference when we approach each other with kindness and understanding.
In this episode
- Mayor Nenshi reflects on over a decade of service and what we’ve accomplished together with the Enough for All strategy
- Considerations around who really holds power and solutions
- Reflections on community, the voices of lived experience, the need for Reconciliation, and more
Three key takeaways
- How pathways out of poverty are disappearing and the importance of the 3Ps – policy, programs and people
- Barriers and opportunities, advice for navigating the multi-jurisdictional landscape
- How taking the long view of Calgary shows the city’s progress and increases hopes for the future
About Mayor Naheed Nenshi
Naheed Nenshi is a passionate Calgarian, an accomplished business professional, and a community leader with a solid track record of getting things done. Sworn in as Calgary's 36th mayor on October 25, 2010 and re-elected in 2013 and 2017, Mayor Nenshi shares his vision for a community-driven Calgary and emphasizes that ‘my neighbour’s strength is my strength.’
Subscribe to Let's Talk Poverty at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts.
Share your thoughts. Have an idea for us to explore or a question for us? Send us a message!